- Lawn owner must demonstrate that they have made a reasonable effort to care for the lawn properly in terms of installation, watering, fertilizing and mowing. Fertilizing with Marathon fertilizers is recommended.
- Lawn owner must notify Southland Sod within ten days of the first appearance of dead lawn areas.
- Lawns without a permanent underground irrigation system will not qualify for the guarantee. An automatic controller is recommended.
- Lawns in shaded areas limiting more than 50% of sunlight will not qualify.
- Lawn areas burned by pet urine or improper application of fertilizers or chemicals will not qualify.
- Lawn areas that have been previously replaced under this guarantee will not qualify.
This guarantee is limited to supplying replacement sod only. No labor charges, pesticide treatments, delivery, or other costs are covered.